Monday, September 8, 2008

Thai Food, Drag Race and alot of rain!

I haven't exactly been very good at keeping this up to date, so this is a bit of mish mash from the last month.

How many of you heard about the Thai Food Festival on the 10th and 11th of August? Well I don't think it was very well advertised. Still the squirrels were out and about and ready for some yummy food, even though it poured down on the Saturday. I did a bit of googling after and found these links - so if you want to find out what's happening on your doorstep check these out: get a pdf here on the royal parks website "What's on in the Park" and you can check the events page for Greenwich park here.


Overall I thought the food was OK, some more exceptional than others - notably the Blue Elephant which was to be expected if you've ever visited their restaurant in Fulham you'll be familiar with their excellent reputation.

There was no sign of the Blackheath Thai restaurant Laicram, thank goodness - I have to say I we ate there recently and it was awful (raw chicken satay!) Was it a bad night or is this the norm? Well judging from the reviews on London Eating I'd say it's not worth the risk.

On a more colourful note we bumped into the Metro Annual Drag Race at Greenwich on 16th August, also another event which apparently happens every year and I hadn't a clue. I think it's for charity, and the race starts in the Rose & Crown and finishes outside the Greenwich Bar and Grill. Obviously we can't register for this years race but if you don't want to miss next year's then keep a look out on the Metro Centre's website.

Next post is going to be about the hotly debated Greenwich Park and Olympics - with lots of links to information on line.

No comments: